Download Free Current Affairs Magazine For TNPSC Exams - April 2014
- Chhatrapathi Shivaji Terminus in Mumbai observed "World Autism Day" - 'Light it Up Blue' [World Autism Day - April 3rd]
- World Health Day - April 7th
- Itanagar - Dekargaon Got its First Passenger Train.
- World's largest single crystal of Gold (weighing - 217.78 Grams) was found in Venezula.
- [Book] Wendy Doniger’s book “ The Hindus: An Alternative History” was withdrawn from the market in Feb 2014.
- R.K.Dhowan - Appointed as the new Navy Chief.
- Justice Gorla Rohini - appointed as the first women chief Justice of Delhi High court.
- Supreme Court appointed a Three member panel comprising 1. Justice K.S. Radhakrishnan 2. S.Sundar 3. Dr. Nishi Mittal to suggest measures to prevent road Accidents and ensure accountability.
- Two French Base jumpers Vince Reffet and Fred Fugen broke world record after jumping from the World's tallest Man made structure Burj Khalifa (828m).
- World Veterinary Day - April 26th
- [Book] An Undocumented Wonder: The Making of the Great Indian Election - written by S Y Quraishi.
- 1000 year old Natarajan idol stolen from Sripuranthan (Ariyalur) to be bought back from Australia to its origin.
- VVPAT - Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trial
- NOTA - None Of The Above
- Suspended Animation
- Supreme Court legally recognized the transgender community as a third Gender.
- Supreme court upheld the verdict of Delhi High court regarding the CAG auditing of the private telecom firms as it uses the natural resource (Spectrum).
- Union Cabinet recommended dissolution of Andhra Pradesh house assembly.
- Justice Rajendra Mal Lodha was appointed as the41st Chief Justice of India, succeeded former CJI P. Sathashivam.
- Srilanka won the T20 World cup 2014 beating India in the Final.
- Virat Kohli bagged Man of the Series (T20)
- P V Sindhu won the Bronze Medal in the Asian Badminton Championship held in Korea.
- Pink revolution - Meat
- REER (Real Effective Exchange Rate) to be computed on the basis of CPI for both India and trade partner Countries.
- IGMC (India Mortgage Guarantee Corporation)
- World Economic Outlook - Released by IMF (International Monetary Fund)
- Financial Technologies (India) Ltd. (FTIL) to divest its 24% of its 26% total stake in Multi- Commodity Exchange (MCX) to comply with the direction of Forward Markets Commission (FMC).
- SBI - launched three digital banking facilities to its customers at doorsteps using Digital TAB
- Opening Savings bank Account
- Applying Housing Loan
- Know your customer
- Madhav Gadgil Committee - Western Ghats
- Vulture Restaurants - increased the vulture population in many of the northern states.
Science & Technology
- PSLV C24 - to Launch IRNSS 1B (Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System)
- Total Grid Connected Solar Capacity Crossed 2600 MW (Guj - 916 MW, Rajasthan - 730 MW, MP - 347 MW, Maharashtra - 249 MW)
- INS Vikrant - Indian Navy's Aircraft Carrier - sold for 60 Crore in an Auction.
- Priliminary report about the Sinking of INS Sindhurakshak (Sank on August 2013) Published.
- Mangalyaan - Mars Orbiter Mission of India Crossed half the way of its voyage to Mars.(9th April 2014)
- Agni 1 - successful in its first trail during night.
- Heartbleed - A software Bug which is used to retrieve the private information from the host computer.
- INS Vagli - India's Decommissioned submarine to be mounted near shore temple in Mamallapuram.
- TTS - Text to Speech Application to help farmers to read out messages in their regional languages.
- Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca - became the Second female President of Malta.
- India to send INS Shivalik to participate in an international fleet review and maritime exercise hosted by the China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) Navy. Japan and USA refrained from the Exercise.
- Pakistan successfully tested the nuclear capable Matf III (Ghaznavi) Missile which is a short range surface to surface missile (290 Km Range).
- South Korea Prime Minister Chung Hong-Won resigned.
- European Union imposed a temporary ban on Indian Imports of mangoes (Alphonso) and some other vegetables.
- Vijay Sheshadri - Indian born poet has won the Pultizer Prize in the poetry category for the year 2014.
- Ramesh Agrawal - Indian environment activist won the Green Nobel which is formally called as Goldman Environmental Price.