Download TNPSC VAO 2015-2016 Syllabus in TAMIL New
Download TNPSC VAO 2015-2016 Syllabus in English
TNPSC VAO Syllabus Download
TNPSC VAO 2016 Exam Pattern
- TNPSC VAO 2016 Exam Pattern
- TNPSC VAO General Studies Syllabus in English
- TNPSC Village Administration Syllabus in English
- TNPSC VAO General English Syllabus
- TNPSC VAO General Studies Syllabus in Tamil
- TNPSC Village Administration Syllabus in Tamil
- TNPSC VAO General Tamil Syllabus
- Download TNPSC VAO Syllabus Both in Tamil and English
|TNPSC VAO NEW Question Paper Pattern|
TNPSC VAO General Studies Syllabus in English
V.A.O Examination (S.S.L.C. Standard)
General Studies - Topics for Objective type
UNIT-I GENERAL SCIENCE :
Physics: Nature of Universe-General Scientific laws-Inventions and discoveries-National scientific laboratories-Mechanics and properties of matter-Physical quantities, standards and units-Force, motion and energy- Magnetism, electricity and electronics -Heat, light and sound
Chemistry-Elements and Compounds-Acids, bases and salts-Fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides
Botany-Main Concepts of life science-Classification of living organism- Nutrition and dietetics-Respiration
Zoology-Blood and blood circulation-Reproductive system-Environment, ecology, health and hygiene-Human diseases including communicable and non – communicable diseases - prevention and remedies-Animals, plants and human life
UNIT-II. CURRENT EVENTS
History-Latest diary of events-national -National symbols-Profile of States-
Eminent persons & places in news-Sports & games-Books & authors -
Awards & honors’-India and its neighbors
Political Science-1. Problems in conduct of public elections-2. Political
parties and political system in India-3. Public awareness & General
administration-4. Welfare oriented govt. schemes, their utility
Economics-- Current socio-economic problems
Science-Latest inventions on science & technology
UNIT- III. GEOGRAPHY
Earth and Universe-Solar system-Monsoon, rainfall, weather & climate- Water resources --- rivers in India-Soil, minerals & natural resources-Forest & wildlife-Agricultural pattern-Transport including surface transport & communication-Social geography – population-density and distribution- Natural calamities – Disaster Management.
UNIT - IV. HISTORY AND CULTURE OF INDIA AND TAMIL NADU -
Indus valley civilization-Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas-Age of Vijayanagaram and the bahmanis-South Indian history-Culture and Heritage of Tamil people-India since independence-Characteristics of Indian culture- Unity in diversity –race, colour, language, custom-India-as secular state- Growth of rationalist, Dravidian movement in TN-Political parties and populist schemes
UNIT-V. INDIAN POLITY
Constitution of India--Preamble to the constitution- Salient features of constitution- Union, state and territory- Citizenship-rights amend duties- Fundamental rights- Fundamental duties- Human rights charter- Union legislature – Parliament- State executive- State Legislature – assembly- Local government – panchayat raj – Tamil Nadu- Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of law-Elections- Official language and Schedule-VIIICorruption in public life- Anti-corruption measures –CVC, lok-adalats, Ombudsman, CAG - Right to information- Empowerment of women- Consumer protection forms
UNIT-VI. INDIAN ECONOMY
Nature of Indian economy- Five-year plan models-an assessment-Land reforms & agriculture-Application of science in agriculture-Industrial growth- Rural welfare oriented programmers-Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty-Economic trends in Tamil Nadu
UNIT-VI. INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT
National renaissance-Emergence of national leaders-Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore- Different modes of agitations-Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle Rajaji, VOC, Periyar, Bharathiar & others-
UNIT-VII. APTITUDE & MENTAL ABILITY TESTS
Conversion of information to data-Collection, compilation and presentation of data - Tables, graphs, diagrams -Analytical interpretation of data - Simplification-Percentage-Highest Common Factor (HCF)-Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)-Ratio and Proportion-Simple interest-Compound interest-
Area-Volume-Time and Work-Logical Reasoning-Puzzles-Dice-Visual Reasoning-Alpha numeric Reasoning-Number Series.
TNPSC Village Administration Syllabus in English
Basics of Village Administration [VAO Basics Study Materials]
Topics for Objective Type
1. The role, functions duties and responsibilities of a Village Administrative Officer in VILLAGE and REVENUE ADMINISTRATION.
[Questions may be on topics including VAOs role in assisting the police, reporting birth and death, implementing various schemes of the Government, recommending / furnishing inputs for income, Community, Destitute Widow, Marital Status, Patta and other adhoc and miscellaneous certificates]
2. Records of revenue administration dealt with or handled by the VAO including ‘A’ Register, Patta, Chitta Adangal etc.
3. Accounts maintained and furnished by the VAO at the end of every FASLI YEAR.
4. Basic Principles / Information relating to classification of lands.
5. Basic information on rates of assessment and annual revenue collection
6. Basic information on forms of irrigation of land including those belonging to the Government
7. Jamabandi-object, Officers in charge of conduct, time of completion of Jamabandi, scrutiny of inspection work, correction of pattas, issue of new patta, disposal of jamabandi check memo, closing of Village and Taluk Accounts, Village Statistical Registers, inspection of Karnams instruments maps and Registers (RSO- 12) scrutiny of accounts relating to Panachayat revenue.
8. Role of VAO during calamities
9. Basic information relating to assignment of lands / house sites in Villages and Towns.
10. Grant of lands for cattle or dairy farms
11. Levy of rents (Ground Rent / Quit Rent) etc.,
12. Exemption from land revenue.
13. Unauthorised occupation of Government land basic information about Land Encroachment Act 1905. Memorandum ‘A’, Memorandum ‘B’ etc.
14. Title of lands (RSO 27) form, renewal, issue and entry of joint names in patta
15. Rights and obligations of Ryotwari holder.
16 Procedure relating to conduct of inquiries in relation to age, marital status, income, domicile.
17. Procedures relating to entering particulars into maintaining and issuing extracts of Adangal, Chitta and other revenue Registers.
18. Basic principles of and procedures involved in survey, sub-division of a survey field and knowledge of Field Management Book.
19. VAO’s role in enforcing the fundamental duties of a citizen under article 51A (g) of the Indian Constitution to protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers and wild life and to have compassion for living creatures”.
20. Direct Revenue collections made under various heads by the VAO.
21. Specific duties during festivals and common Village functions
22. Basic information about Revenue Recovery Act
23. Basic information relating to forest lands and resources.
24. Basic information about sale of sandalwood and other valuable tress
25. Basic information relating to Adivasis / Tribals and the role of a VAO in extending special protection and support of the Government to them.
TNPSC VAO General English Syllabus
SYLLABUS – GENERAL ENGLISH
S.S.L.C. Standard (Objective Type)
1. Match the following words and Phrases given in Column A with their meanings in
2.Choose the correct ‘Synonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
3. Choose the correct ‘Antonyms’ for the underlined word from the options given
4. Select the correct word (Prefix, Suffix)
5. Fill in the blanks with suitable Article
6. Fill in the blanks with suitable Preposition
7. Select the correct Question Tag
8. Select the correct Tense
9. Select the correct Voice
10. Fill in the blanks (Infinitive, Gerund, Participle)
11. Identify the sentence pattern of the following sentence (Subject, Verb, Object….)
Blanks with correct ‘Homophones’
12. Find out the Error (Articles, Prepositions, Noun, Verb, Adjective, Adverb)
14. Select the correct sentence
15. Find out the odd words (Verb, Noun, Adjective, Adverb)
16. Select the correct Plural forms
17. Identify the sentence (Simple, Compound, Complex Sentense)
18. Identify the correct Degree.
19.Form a new word by blending the words.
20.Form compound words (Eg: Noun+Verb, Gerund+Noun)
1. Figures of speech observed in the following Poems:
Alliteration – Allusion – Simile – Metaphor – Personification – Oxymoron –
Onomatopoeia – Anaphora – Ellipsis - Rhyme Scheme - Rhyming Words –
Repetition – Apostrophe
A Psalm of Life - Women’s Rights - The Nation United - English words –
Snake – The Man He Killed - Off to outer space tomorrow morning - Sonnet
No.116 - The Solitary Reaper - Be the Best - O Captain My Captain - Laugh
and Be Merry – Earth - Don’t quit - The Apology - Be Glad your Nose is on
your face - A sonnet for my Incomparable Mother - The Flying Wonder - To
a Millionaire - The Piano – Manliness - Going for water - The cry of the
Children - Migrant Bird - Shilpi.
2. Appreciation Questions from Poetry
A Psalm of Life - Women’s Rights - The Nation United - English words –
Snake – The Man He Killed - Off to outer space tomorrow morning –
Sonnet No.116 - The Solitary Reaper - Be the Best - O Captain My Captain
- Laugh and Be Merry – Earth - Don’t quit - The Apology - Be Glad your
- Nose is on your face - A sonnet for my Incomparable Mother – The Flying
Wonder - To a Millionaire - The Piano – Manliness - Going for water - The
cry of the Children - Migrant Bird - Shilpi.
3. Important lines from Poems.
Where the mind is without fear - The Solitary Reaper - Going for water - A
Psalm of Life - Be the Best - Sonnet No.116
4. Questions on the Biography of
Mahatma Gandhi - Jawaharlal Nehru - Subash Chandra Bose - Helen Keller
Kalpana Chawala - Dr.Salim Ali - Rani of Jhansi - Nelson Mandela –
5. Questions on Shakespeare’s
Merchant of Venice (Act IV Court Scene) - Julius Ceasar (Act III Scene 2) -
6. Questions from Oscar Wilde’s
The Model Millionaire - The Selfish Giant
7. Dr.Karl Paulnack
Music-The Hope Raiser
8. Comprehension Questions from the following Motivational Essays:
Gopala Krishna Gokhale’s Speech on 25th July in Mumbai in response to
The address presented to him by students- Dale Carnegie’s ‘The Road to
success- Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam’s ‘Vision for the Nation’(from ‘India2020’)
- Ruskin Bond’s ‘Our Local Team’ - Hope Spencer’s ‘Keep your spirits
high’ - Deepa Agarwal’s ‘After the storm’ - Brian patten’s ‘You can’t be
that no you can’t be that’
9. Comprehension Questions from the following description of Places
Ahtushi Deshpande’s ‘To the land of snow’ - Manohar Devadoss – Yaanai
Malai - Brihadeesvarar Temple
10. British English – American English
Authors and their Literary Works
1. Match the Poems with the Poets
A psalm of Life - Be the Best - The cry of the children - The Piano –
Manliness Going for water – Earth -The Apology - Be Glad your Nose is on
your face - The Flying Wonder -Is Life But a Dream - Be the Best - O captain
My Captain- Snake - Punishment in Kindergarten -Where the Mind is Without
fear - The Man He Killed - Nine Gold Medals
2. Which Nationality the story belongs to?
The selfish Giant - The Lottery Ticket - The Last Leaf - How the Camel got
its Hump - Two Friends – Refugee - The Open Window
3. Identify the Author with the short story
The selfish Giant - The Lottery Ticket - The Last Leaf - How the Camel got
its Hump - Two Friends – Refugee - The Open Window - A Man who Had
no Eyes - The Tears of the Desert – Sam The Piano - The face of Judas
Iscariot - Swept Away - A close encounter - Caught Sneezing - The Wooden
Bowl - Swami and the sum
4.Whose Auto biography / Biography is this?
5.Which Nationality the Poet belongs to ?
Robert Frost - Archibald Lampman - D.H. Lawrence - Rudyard Kipling
Kamala Das - Elizabeth Barrett Browning - Famida Y. Basheer - Thomas
Hardy - Khalil Gibran - Edgar A. Guest - Ralph Waldo Emerson - Jack
Prelutsky - F. Joanna - Stephen Vincent Benet - William Shakespeare -
William Wordsworth - H.W. Long Fellow - Annie Louisa walker -
Walt Whitman - V.K. Gokak
6.Characters, Quotes, Important Lines from the following works of Indian
Sahitya Akademi Award winner: Thakazhi Sivasankaran Pillai –
Kamala Das – 1. Punishment in Kindergarten 2. My Grandmother’s
R.K. Narayan - Swami and the sum - Rabindranath Tagore - Where the
mind is without fear - Dhan Gopal Mukherji - Kari, The Elephant - Deepa
Agarwal - After the Storm - Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam - Vision for the
Indra Anantha Krishna- The Neem Tree - Lakshmi Mukuntan- The Ant
Eater and the Dassie - Dr. Neeraja Raghavan - The Sun Beam
7.Drama Famous lines, characters, quotes from
Julius Caesar - The Merchant of Venice
8.Match the Places, Poet, Dramatist, Painter with suitable option
9. Match the following Folk Arts with the Indian State / Country
10. Match the Author with the Relevant Title/Character
11. Match the Characters with Relevant Story Title
The Selfish Giant - How the camel got its hump - The Lottery ticket - The
Last Leaf - Two friends – Refugee - Open window – Reflowering - The
12. About the Poets
Rabindranath Tagore - Henry Wordsworth Longfellow - Anne Louisa
Walker -V K Gokak - Walt Whitman - Douglas Malloch
13. About the Dramatists
William Shakespeare - Thomas Hardy
14. Mention the Poem in which these lines occur
Granny, Granny, please comb My Hair - With a friend - To cook and Eat
- To India – My Native Land - A tiger in the Zoo - No men are foreign –
Laugh and be Merry – The Apology - The Flying Wonder
15. Various works of the following Authors –
Rabindranath Tagore – Shakespeare - William Wordsworth - H.W.
Longfellow – Anne Louisa Walker - Oscar Wilde - Pearl S. Buck
16. What is the theme observed in the Literary works?
Snake - The Mark of Vishnu - Greedy Govind - Our Local Team –
Where the mind is without fear - Keep your spirits high - Be the best –
Bat – The Piano – The Model Millionaire - The Cry of the Children –
Migrant bird – Shilpi
17. Famous Quotes – Who said this?
18. To Which period the Poets belong
William Shakespeare - Walt Whitman - William Wordsworth - H.W.
Longfellow Annie Louisa Walker - D.H. Lawrence
19. Matching the Poets and Poems
Discovery – Biking – Inclusion - Granny, Granny, please comb My
Hair – With a Friend - To cook and Eat – Bat - To India – My Native
Land - A tiger in the Zoo - No men are foreign - Laugh and be Merry –
Earth – The Apology - The Flying Wonder - Off to outer space
tomorrow morning - Be the best - Is life, but a dream - Women’s
rights - The Nation united - English words – Snake – The man he
20. Nature centered Literary works and Global issue Environment and
Flying with moon on their wings - Migrant bird - Will Thirst Become -
Unquenchable? - Going for Water - Swept away - Gaia tells her
Download TNPSC VAO Syllabus Both in Tamil and English
General Tamil Syllabus and Tamil Version of TNPSC VAO 2016 Syllabus Click Here