|VAO Study Materials|
VILLAGE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER:
The Village Administrative Officer is the basic village level functionary. He is assisted by one Village Assistant.
His main functions are:
- Preparation and Maintenance of Village Revenue and Land Records
- Collection of Land Tax, Tree Tax, etc.
- Recovery of dues to the Government
- Keeping vigil and reporting to the higher authorities regarding important happenings in the village such as unnatural death, caste feud, objectionable encroachments, etc.
- Issue of certain certificates to the farmers
- Furnishing inspection reports and enquiry reports on petitions.
- Assistance to higher authorities in carrying out inspections, searches, raids etc.
- Keeping vigil and immediate reporting to higher authorities during natural calamities and assisting in relief operations/rehabilitation measures.
- Gathering of vital field level data useful for various departments such as Below Poverty Line (BPL) survey for Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department
- Keeping vigil over incidents of bonded labour
- Arrangement of polling booths during election and for periodical electoral registration.
- Issue of Solvency Certificate for Bail purposes.