UDAN - Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik (Common Man should fly)
It is the central govt's regional air connectivity scheme to connect the country's underserved and unserved airport.Underserved and Unserved airports
- Underserved - airports which do no have more than one flight a day
- Unserved - airports which do no have operations
- Under this Scheme the fare will be capped to Rs 2500 for flight journey less than 1 hr and 500 kms.
- The losses incurred by the flight operators will be provided by the Viability gap funding and other tax concessions.
- In order to fund the Viability gap funding a regional connectivity fund will be created which will get fund from RCF levy charged from certain domestic flights.
- The centre and state share - 80:20.
- Aims to increase passengers from 80 million to 300 million by 2022.
- Subsidy will be provided for the selected route for a period of 3 years.