CAG - Comptroller and Auditor General of India is the head of the Indian Audit and Accounts Department. His prime duty is to scrutinize the financial transactions of the government thus ensuring the financial accountability of the executive.Important Facts to remember
- CAG is appointed by the President
- 6 Years or 65 Year of age
- Article 279 - Calculation of Net proceeds.
- Third Schedule - Oath of CAG
- Sixth Schedule - Audit of accounts of the District and regional councils as mentioned in the Sixth schedule
- It was established in 1968 on the recommendations of the Administrative reforms committee.
- Composition: Chairman and 2 Members
- It is a part of the office of CAG to accommodate specialists and experts from outside.