Preamble means 'a short introduction', here it highlights the most important principles in the constitution of India.Preamble to the Constitution
"WE, THE PEOPLE OF INDIA, having solemnly resolved to constitute India into a [SOVEREIGN SOCIALIST SECULAR DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC] and to secure to all its citizens:Key Facts to remember
JUSTICE, social, economic and political;
LIBERTY of thought, expression, belief, faith and worship;
EQUALITY of status and of opportunity; and to promote among them all
FRATERNITY assuring the dignity of the individual and the unity and integrity of the Nation;
IN OUR CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY this twenty sixth day of November, 1949, do HEREBY ADOPT, ENACT AND GIVE TO OURSELVES THIS CONSTITUTION."
- First Country to have Preamble in its constitution - America
- Our preamble is based on the objective resolution.
- Moved by Jawaharlal Nehru on Dec 13, 1946
- Adopted by the constitution assembly on Jan 22, 1947
- and integrity
- Russian Revolution (1917)- JUSTICE, social, economic and political
- French Revolution (1789-1799) - LIBERTY, EQUALITY, FRATERNITY